Monday, February 20, 2012

Unsettle Me


I am 2 chapters away from finishing the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  It was my book to read for February and it has challenged and encouraged me to live beyond my cravings for food and practice self- discipline not only to become healthy, but to strive towards holiness.  

Sometimes we just need to be unsettled by God.  Unsettled with where we are.  Unsettled with our complacency and compromises.

These words impacted me today and I hope that in some way they will you as well, 

"Yes, indeed, unsettle me Lord.  
Unearth that remnant of unforgiveness.
Shake loose that justification for compromise.
Reveal that broken shard of pride.
Expose that tendency to distrust.
Unsettle me in the best kind of way.  For when I allow Your touch to reach the deepest parts of me- dark and dingy and hidden away too long- suddenly, a fresh wind of life twists and twirls and dances through my soul.

I can delight in forgiveness and love more deeply.
I can discover a discipline that lies beyond what I'm capable of and grab hold of God's strength to bridge the gap.  
I can recognize the beautify of humility and crave the intimacy with God it unleashes.
I can rest assured through harsh winds blow, I will be held.  
Goodbye to my remnants, my rationalizations, shards, and tendencies.  This is not who I am nor who I was created to be.  
Goodbye to shallow love, sharp words, self-pity, and suspicious fears.  I am an unsettled woman who no longer wishes to take part in your distractions or destructions. 
Welcome deeper love, new possibilities, unleashed intimacy, and the certainty I am held.  
Welcome to the unsettled heart."

3 comments:

  1. I pinned your book. It sounds really good. I think there is something to fasting that brings us closer to the Lord. Well, there you go. I'm following you now and would love tohave you follow me back. Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Thank you for posting this. This book has been on my mental reading list for almost a year and your post confirms that I need to read it. I too often turn to cookies when I really need to turn to God. Stop by and visit me when you get a chance! I am following you on linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower, and I love your blog. Would love if you followed me back at www.lakemurraycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...