Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby's Breath Bouquets


My bridesmaids are going to be carrying baby's breath bouquets at the wedding.  I showed you some inspiration photos here

I did a trial run of the bouquets yesterday.  I just picked up a couple of packages of baby's breath at Bi-Lo and as soon as I got home I set off working on it! I separated all the stems, including taking off the sprigs that were lower on the stems. 

I laid them out on the table so I could see all the stems shapes and sizes.  I started with the tallest in the middle and then added the shorter pieces to the outside.  I wanted to make sure I had a "bouquet shape".  I used two packs of baby's breath (a total of 6 stems) to make the bouquet.  I then used a rubber band to secure them all together (on the day of the wedding I'm going to use floral tape) and wrapped a ribbon around the stems. 



I wasn't sure about the size so I took a picture of myself holding it using the camera's timer (first time I had ever used it, so I was pretty excited about that)


I think it seems to be about the right size.  What do you think?  For the wedding should I make them smaller, larger, or are they just right?

The good thing is that it took me only about 5 minutes to throw this thing together.  So to make 5 of them I should be able to get them all done in less than 30 minutes the day before the wedding.  Another great thing

I love the romantic and wispy look of the baby's breath bouquets.  I love the price tag even more!  I only spent $8 for the trial run bouquet and my florist if getting several bunches for me at wholesale price for the wedding so they'll only be around $5 a bouquet!  You can't beat that! 


UPDATE: If you'd like to see how my bridesmaids bouquets turned out for our wedding, click here.

13 comments:

  1. To make a bouquet many stems are need to be collected. Therefore all of the bouquets which are made are very nice and beautiful and can be presented to anyone. And no doubt regarding that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Baby's Breath. A complete bouquet of Baby's Breath would look good with an outdoorsy style of wedding. Sort of a country garden look. It is so fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much I might need to use to make a bouquet? From Sam's Club it is packed in 6 bunches of 15 stems each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.All are beautiful.Can you tell me how much price of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, actually. A bouquet of only baby's breath is interesting and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to order babies breath for my daughters wedding to make 8 BM bouquets. I am so confused about how many stems/bunches to order? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering were you got the babys breath from because the cheapest I am finding is 3.00 a stem.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, I bought the baby's breath from the grocery store Bi-Lo for the practice bouquet. I just bought two of the bunches in the plastic wrap and spent about $8. For the day of the wedding I bought it from my wedding planner wholesale and just made them myself.

      Delete
  8. Cortney,

    Your bridesmaid bouquets look alittle larger than your sample one on this blog. Many stems did you end up using for each bouquet. It looked like it was the perfect size and I want to follow your lead. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,
      I used about the same number of stems as the practice one if I am remembering right. However, I ordered the babys breath from my wedding planner and it was much fuller stems and larger blooms than what the grocery store had. Hope that helps some!

      Delete
  9. Grocery stores like Kroger or Jewel willl order them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cortney, how far in advance did you make these? and did you keep them in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...