Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Wedding Day

_CSZ1744
It’s finally here.  Today I become Mrs. Jeremy Jenkins.  This is a day I’ve dreamt about, planned for, and prayed over for a very long time. Today I will walk down the aisle to the man I love and make a covenant with him before God to love and cherish him for all of my days.  It will be an honor for me to do just that. 
_CSZ1705
“An excellent wife is the crown of her husband” Proverbs 12:4
I pray that I will be a crown upon Jeremy’s head, a wife who will respect him, and in whom he can fully trust.  I know no greater privilege than to be his helper and companion. 
_CSZ1722
Today as I wear white as a symbol of my commitment to purity, I am reminded of my sweet and loving Savior and His precious sacrifice to cleanse me of all unrighteousness.  Our marriage is to be a reflection of the relationship between Christ and the Church.

Ephesians 5:25-27, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of the water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but hat she would be holy and blameless”

Jesus, thank You for Your grace and mercy.  Today I purely present myself to my husband.  One day, because of Your blood, I will be able to purely present myself to You, sanctified and holy.  May our marriage be a sweet reflection of Your love. 

_CSZ1727


All photos by Chris Zachary Photography

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on your marriage! such BEAUTIFUL photos.. stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. Love the photo's. Have a wonderful day.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cortney!

    I remembered you and your blog and that you were from Lynchburg but I forgot how to find your blog. Well I'm back--finally stumbled upon it and so happy I did. I am so happy to see these pictures and to read your beautiful post. Congratulations to you and your husband. You look radiant in these pictures..I don't even know you but my heart is so full of happiness for you. Enjoy your honeymoon and take in every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...