Saturday, March 31, 2012

Holy Week



Last year, I had planned to write a series "A Walk Through Holy Week" that took us on a journey of Jesus' last week before He died on the cross.  I only wrote a couple of posts, but I want to finish the series this year.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday- the beginning of Holy Week.  Holy Week is the week preceding the celebration of Easter.  Holy Week is a special time for the Christian faith, it is a time to reflect and remember Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for our sins.  We have spent the last 40 days in the season of lent, and this week culminates the journey to the cross. 


4 years ago, my mom and I visited Israel and my view on the happenings of Scripture were forever changed.  I walked where Jesus walked, I saw the city over which He cried, I stood in the tomb where He may have lay.  This week, I’d like for you to walk with me through the Holy Land and see first hand where Jesus went and what He did the week before He died.  

Let's prepare our hearts and minds for the coming day of joy of Easter together as we walk through Holy Week.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...