Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012

Welcome!  I'm so excited for this year's Christmas Tour of Homes!  I love simple, natural Christmas decor and have tried to incorporate that into our home.  Our decorations are very similar to last year's- take a look here.


Our tree is decorated with homemade wax paper garland, many homemade ornaments, and cheap finds.






And one of my "older" favorites...



I've kept our gift wrapping simple as well- natural color scheme and as low cost as possible.  I found the kraft paper with white flowers at the Dollar Tree, the gold and the cream paper at a local shop called Sandy's Country Christmas for .99, and am also using a roll of butcher paper from Lowes that is normally used for contractors.  I got a HUGE roll that will last years for about $7. 




I sewed little pouches for some smaller gifts using an old music book.


And made gift tags using this font





Another favorite is our handmade drop cloth material stockings.  We had to add a new stocking this year for our Savannah- due in May!

My stocking has my great grandmother's pin on it that I wore on my wedding dress


Savannah's stocking has a fabric flower I made from scrap material from my wedding dress (from where it was hemmed)

And Jeremy's stocking is laden with a simple wooden button.



Here are a few other decorations around the house

pillow cover from Dear Lillie






I have linked up to


http://cottagemagpie.com/christmas-parade-welcome/



3 comments:

  1. it all looks lovely- i love the doughbowl in the last image- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is done using techniques such as hydrotherapy,
    remedial exercise, Mississauga style massage, rhythmic
    mobilizations, laser therapy and myofascial therapy.
    Remember that you are usually limited to a number of sessions so
    you might want to consider paying out of your own pocket.
    Also, be sure to have both the training and experience, which are
    needed before you even think of applying.
    My web blog ... how to fight depression without medicine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...