Monday, September 5, 2011

Monogram Pillow


This weekend one of my best friends, Lukas, got married.  Jeremy and I had such a great time at the wedding, I'll be sure to post photos later.  As their wedding gift, I made Lukas and his bride Amie a monogram pillow with their wedding date imprinted on it.


It is much like the pillows I made as Christmas gifts last year, but this time I used drop cloth material instead of muslin fabric in hopes that the thicker fabric would hold its shape longer.  I used the Citra Solv transfer method using a simple frame from The Graphics Fairy.  I then inserted the frame into a Word document and inserted a text box for the monogram and a word art box for their wedding date (Word art has a curved option and I wanted the date to curve along with the frame).


Because drop cloth material isn't as smooth as muslin, the transfer didn't turn out as dark as it normally does for me, but I still like the antique look to it.  Click here for a full tutorial on how to transfer graphics using Citra Solv.  


If you are local and are ever interested in having me make a pillow for you or for a wedding gift, etc. please e-mail me at faithhomelove@gmail.com

I decided to wrap the pillow in a natural colored bag and add a bow to the front.  I love simple wrapping of gifts and am planning on wrapping Christmas gifts this year using craft paper or other natural colored trimmings.  


I was so proud of my bow- it was the first bow I have ever made!  Not sure that I did it correctly but in the end it turned out good enough to put on the gift so I was happy with it.  

I hope you enjoy your Labor Day today!  

(P.S. The photos in this post were taken in my grandparents beautiful home.  I snapped a few more pictures from around their house that I will be sharing later in the week)


I'm linking up to Brag Monday at Graphics Fairy,
 The DIY Show Off
and
and
Boogieboard Cottage



 .

6 comments:

  1. What a beautifully unique and thoughtful gift.
    Dropping over from the Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add a personal touch to your bed or couch with our monogrammed pillowcases. Made of pure ivory linen, they have a fluid texture and subtle luster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this pillow and pinned it!

    come link this up to scrappy saturdays @ candacecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...