Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pinterest Project Week- Recipes Worth a Try

This week is all about actually completing some projects I’ve pinned on Pinterest.  I’ve dubbed it “Pinterest Project Week”.  Don’t forget, I’m hosting my first linky party on Friday for any Pinterest inspiration projects you want to share! 

One of my boards on Pinterest is called “Recipes Worth a Try”.  I have tried two new recipes from this board and they both were delicious! 

Recipe #1 is Smoky Corn and Black Bean Pizza

Here is the picture I repinned:

Smoky Corn & Black Bean Pizza Recipe

and here is our version…

100_2087

We used chedder cheese instead of mozzarella and we probably used a little more than the recipe called for, but I love cheese!

The original recipe is for a grilled pizza and doesn’t call for any onions, but we just baked our regular pizza crust in the oven and added our own toppings- diced plum tomatoes, diced onion, a can of black beans, and a can of corn (only used half a can of corn).  The pizza sauce is actually BBQ sauce and that gives it the smoky flavor.  You can find the original recipe here.  This will probably become a regular meal in our house, we really enjoyed it!  Here is a link to the original recipe

Recipe #2 was Fluffy Pancakes

Pinned Image

I didn’t get any pictures of our pancakes, because we ate them so fast!  They were some of the best pancakes I’ve ever had and I plan to use this recipe as my regular pancake recipe.  They have so much more flavor than pancake mix and really were fluffy!  At first I thought the mix was too thick, but it turned out to be just right. 

I highly suggest you try this recipe the next time you make pancakes!

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • cooking spray
Directions
  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

You can find the recipe here as well.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a cooking spree lately. Fun fun!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...