I just love croutons in my salads, don't you? I think they are the best part of a salad :) Today I wanted to share a simple recipe for homemade croutons. This will save you money from buying pre-packaged croutons and I think they taste better!
You will need:
Bread (Loaf bread, Italian bread, etc. Any bread should work)
Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning
I found a great buy on some artisan garlic bread at Kroger on my last shopping trip. It was originally $3.29 and I got it on manager's special for .89! I am making spaghetti this week so we will have garlic bread with that, but I had plenty and decided to make some croutons.
1. First, preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut bread into cubes. I would suggest using a serrated knife- it works better cutting bread. Trust me, I tried the other first :) You can cut these however you like best, big or small.
3. Place bread cubes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then flip
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes- watch them closely so they don't burn!
7. Let cool and then serve or store!