Saturday, July 9, 2011

Billy Graham Library


My mom, brother, Jeremy, and I all went to the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, NC this week.  It is basically a museum about the life and work of Billy Graham.  I was really impressed with the beautiful grounds, the friendly staff, and the quality of the displays inside.  I would highly recommend it if you are interested in Billy Graham or evangelism. 

The museum is located about 2 miles from where Billy grew up, and includes a newly built barn "library" as well as his childhood home which has been moved to the grounds. It takes about an hour and a half to go through the entire library and house, and is free to the public! 

I really enjoyed the displays and rooms devoted to Ruth Graham, Billy Graham's wife.  I have read several of her books and respect her very much.  Below is her engagement ring that Billy bought for $65 :)


Below is their wedding invitation, cake topper, and her diploma from Wheaton College.  Jeremy is from Wheaton, Illinois which is where both Billy and Ruth Graham went to school.  We have visited the Billy Graham museum on Wheaton College's campus, but I enjoyed the library more.


Here is the Bible that Billy Graham used to preach


I loved these letters that people had written him where they didn't know his address, but wrote his name and "The World" or "don't know address" below. But I guess when you're as famous as him, the post office can figure it out :)


Presidentil Medal of Freedom given by Ronald Reagan

Walking through the illuminated glass crosses to get to the painting by Thoma Kincaid




Billy Graham's childhood home


I loved the inside of the house- it is my colors! 


Jeremy walked into the kitchen first and then came and told me that it was my dream kitchen.  Yep, he was right. I love it!



If you are ever in the Charlotte area, it is worth your time to stop by the museum!  I highly recommend it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...