Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beach Wedding Preview

It will still be a little bit before we get our professional pictures back from the wedding, but I thought maybe you'd enjoy a little preview from photos that family and friends took during the wedding.  The day turned out to be beautiful and I was so pleased with how everything came together.  I tried not to sweat the small stuff that came up, and just really enjoyed our wedding day.  Here's an overview of our wedding day, more to come later when the professional pictures get back!

I started the day getting my hair fixed and makeup done at Salon Fringe in downtown Wilmington, NC....



Got ready with my bridesmaids...


Had a few minutes to look over the reception set up


and went to the ceremony!



The bridal party walked out from an access road in the dunes

My favorite part of the whole day was our ceremony.  I feel like it was centered on the Lord and really captured the importance of the moment.  A big thanks to TJ Easter for officiating and Laura Easter for singing the beautiful song, "Holy Ground".


First kiss as husband and wife and then we walked away into the sunset




Our reception was laid back and fun.  I enjoyed it and I really hoped our guests did as well. 





Our favors were sea shells we had found throughout the years at Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks in NC.  Everyone seemed to really like getting them as favors! 




Our cake turned out beautifully.  Simple and beachy- just what I wanted. The glasses we used for toasting were the same ones my parents used at their wedding. It was special to be able to use them for our wedding as well.


We arrived a little after the guests and were announced as Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Jenkins.  I love being Mrs. Jeremy Jenkins! 


We then had our first dance


After the dance everyone finished eating and Jeremy and I even got ot sit down and eat.



We had yard games set up outside on the lawn for guests to play and I was happy that people actually played them!



We were so happy that so many of our friends and loved ones were able to join us




We then had the daddy/daughter dance to "Just Fishin" by Trace Adkins.  If you know my dad and I, you'll know how perfect that song is for us.

Jeremy and his mom danced to "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders.



We later cut the cake...


And did the bouquet and garter toss.





I changed into my "going away" outfit...

and we were sent off with lots and lots of bubbles


 And now we're living happily ever after <3

1 comment:

  1. Cortney, I just stumbled across you blog and am LOVING your bridesmaid dresses. (actually your whole wedding looks perfect) I am a NC bride-to-be who is getting married next May in SC and am also obsessed with seersucker. So perfectly beachy and southern! I'm curious where/who your seemstress was/is and if I can be so tacky a bit more about the process (how many fittings, was the seemstress timely, how much it cost, and overall how satisfied were you with that process). Do you mind sharing? If you don't want to post publically, you can of course email me at catherine(dot)alley(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...