1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ Tbs sugar (or honey)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp paprika
4 Tbs butter
¼ cup water
¼ tsp vanilla
salt for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease cookie sheets
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cut in butter- a fork works good to do this if you don't have a pastry blender
3. Add vanilla and water and mix together well. (If you are using honey instead of sugar, mix with the water and then add)
4. Divide dough into 3-4 balls.
5. Flour surface and roll out dough (make sure you roll out as thin as you can)
6. Cut out cracker shapes using a pizza cutter.
7. Place the cut crackers on a baking sheet. (You can crowd these together, they don't expand while baking)
8. Using a fork, poke holes into the crackers.
9. Bake the crackers for about 10 minutes
10. Let cool to crisp