Thursday, January 20, 2011

An Old Blog…Fresh Lessons

I “started” a blog about a year and a half ago, different from this one.  I wrote about 5 post and haven’t really thought about it since.  I remembered it the other day and went to look at what I had written back then.  I thought I might share a few of the posts with you here. 

The first one is “The Thrill of the Hunt- Lessons from Shark Teeth”.  Let me preface it by saying that my family LOVES to hunt for sharks teeth while we are at the beach.  There is just something about it that is so exciting, especially when you find a really good one.  Here are some photos of my dad and I hunting sharks teeth this past summer.

IMG_8808

IMG_8811

Here was my largest tooth that I found last year.  The picture is blurry because there was salt on the lenses- whoops

IMG_8799

23523_115081281836396_100000035752748_275424_8346708_n

Adding to our collection…

23523_115081285169729_100000035752748_275425_7788639_n

Here is what I had to say back in 2009…

So this week I am at the beach with my family at Kure Beach, NC. If you know me well, you know that I am pretty obsessed with finding sharks teeth. Like tons of sharks teeth. Last year our family found 1400 teeth, our goal this year is at least 1500.

When I was out looking for teeth today, I thought about a lesson that could be applied using this illustration. When you look for sharks teeth, you have to look closely, carefully, and continually. There are so many times that you are just standing in the water looking around, knowing that there are probably about 100 teeth all around your feet but you just can’t see them because of all the sand and pieces of shells. Some times you just think you should give up because they aren’t there.  But I know they are because of my past experience.

It reminds me of my relationship with God. Sometimes you just can’t see God working in your life. Sometimes it feels like He doesn’t exist. But my past experiences reassure me otherwise. Just like you can find sharks’ teeth if you look hard enough, you have to seek after God. Sometimes you are in a time in your life when you don’t feel God and His presence, but Scripture tells us that we can seek God and find Him if we seek Him with all of our heart. (Jeremiah 29:12-13) Enjoy the journey in your walk with the Lord, and enjoy the “thrill of the hunt” of seeking after Him.

2 comments:

  1. wow, I had no idea there were so many sharks teeth on beaches. You learn something new every day. Good illustration too.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in California my husband wanted to do that. We didn't get a chance to find any but hope to next time we go to the beach. It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...