Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweeney's Curious Goods

Downtown Lynchburg is a treasure trove of beautiful antiques shops and unique finds.  There is store that captured my heart the first time I ever came to Lynchburg to visit Liberty University, almost six years ago now.  That store is Sweeney's Curious Goods.  It's an old hardware store and has 3 floors of architectural salvage. 


                                                                       Columns and mantles...



Beautiful old woodwork....




Shutters....






                                                               HUGE, beautiful old doors....




Tons and tons of doors....



Remember when I told you that one of my "house dreams" is to have an old chippy door?  Well, I think this  is "the one".  I plan to use it at the wedding (more on that later) and later for decoration in our home.  Now if I can just make myself spend the money to get it!



                                  Every where you turn in this place, there are more doors!


Stained glass windows....




  I even loved this old industrial fan...


                                                        There is an entire section of windows....


                                               And these feet for claw foot tubs are fabulous!


It is one of those shops that you see people on design shows go to and think to yourself, where in the world are shops like that? 

Too bad it's pretty expesive.  And that I have no where to put 99% of the stuff. :)  (With the HUGE size of most of the stuff, I don't know who would.)  I'm content being a window shopper though :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...