Saturday, April 23, 2011

Life Happens

I’ve been trying to get caught up with the “A Walk Through Holy Week” series, but sometimes life just happens.  The past few days have been a roller coaster for me.  I woke up Thursday morning to a kidney stone attack- my fourth kidney stone in two years.  I had my last day of work that afternoon (although I was so groggy from my meds that I don’t think it would have made a difference if I was there or not).  Yesterday I finished packing up everything I’ll need for the next month, cleaned out my car, and hung out with Jeremy because today I move back to North Carolina until the wedding.  Jeremy and I are driving down separately to Eden, NC this afternoon to meet up with our friends Laura and TJ for premarital counseling (TJ is officiating our wedding).  Then I’ll head on back to good ole’ Rutherford County and Jeremy will make his way back up to Lynchburg.

Tomorrow my family and I are going to the Easter service at Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC.  I know that it is going to be spectacular, and I can’t wait!! 

Then Monday we head out to the beach to tie up all the loose ends for the wedding and to have my bridal portraits taken- fun fun!! 

Needless to say, I’ve been slammed this week and haven’t gotten around to the series.  Hopefully today I’ll get a chance to post again before we leave. 

2 comments:

  1. I understand exactly where your coming from, i think i might have kidney stones as well. Hope everything works out for ya tho, i enjoy reading ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your kidney stone attack - awfully painful. We thought I had them a couple of years ago, I was very ill and ended up in hospital on a drip. Turned out to be a serious infection. But I tried drinking lemon juice and olive oil to help it pass and it brought on major vomiting. The infection was bad enough, so I can only imagine how much pain a stone would cause.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...